I’ve pushed some fresh updates to symmetrize. It should in general behave much better:
- Normals are recalculated correctly.
- Fixed cracks appearing along the axis of some meshes.
- Fixed crash when operator is run from sculpt mode.
- Axis and direction are now selectable when running the operator.
- Improved memory management.
- General code cleanups, main symmetrize code is now in blenkernel.
Note that this is still Mesh-only (not BMesh), so doesn’t work for dynamic topology sculpting or edit mode yet.