Summary of recent changes for the skin modifier:
- Simplified root-node marking. Rather than having to manually clear roots if there’s more than one in a tree, simply select the vertex you want to be root and click “Mark Roots”.
- Generating an armature from skin will now automatically add an armature modifier too, so you can start posing immediately.
- Constructive modifiers above skin modifier work better now; skin roots draw correctly (see for example mirror modifier.)
- Improved quad generation for branch nodes, avoids merging triangles when the resulting quad would be non-symmetric.
- Added RNA/UI for symmetric axis (X, Y, or Z).
- Fix vertex merging, was sometimes creating weird polygons attached to vertex zero.
- The usual set of code cleanups and minor bug fixes.